What Is NLP?
NLP shows you how to work more effectively, how to control how you feel, how to interpret events and how to communicate successfully
NLP, or to give it its Sunday title - Neuro Linguistic Programming, is a technology and an approach that comes from the study of human excellence. It is highly respected by leading employers and is used successfully in many fields, including business, sports, art, health, education, politics and personal growth.
NLP's communication tools can enable you to..
- Improve your verbal and non-verbal communication with others.
- Deepen your appreciation of your own and others thinking styles.
- Learn techniques for high performance mental states.
- Exchange unwanted habits with desired habits.
- Set goals to fit (and change) your life.
- Use language with much greater precision.
- Perform at your highest level.
- Enjoy activities you used to fear
NLP was developed in the 1970s out of an academic enquiry into how people excel in various fields. The result was the distillation of certain principles and subtle communications structures that can be taught, learned, and applied to any area of your life.
Over the past 30 years since its pioneering days, NLP has undergone, and continues to undergo, considerable refinement. Many of its techniques and principles have passed into common usage under other names and appear to us daily, not only in the classroom and in coaching situations but also in cinema, television, and, of course, business communications ranging from the office to advertising.
If you understand that there may be room for improvement in your communication skills, or if you are not getting what you want out of life, NLP’s tools can enable you to uncover, change or transform and become truly successful.